Important Details and History of District Kullu Himachal Pradesh
Details about District Kullu, Himachal Pradesh :
- Headquarter: Kullu
- Altitude: 1219 metersAnchor
- Languages spoken: Kullui & Hindi
- The district is located between 31°58’00” North Altitude and 77°06’4” East Longitude.
- The only river which originates from district Kullu is Beas.
- The Mansarovar Lake in olden days was known as Mantilac.
- The Potato Development Stations in Kullu are at Hamta (Kullu) and Kuna (Anni).
- The Vegetable Research Station in Kullu is at Katrain. This station is maintained by Indian Agriculture Institute.
- The Cereal Seed Multiplication Farm is at Sainj, Kullu which is maintained by National Seed Corporation.
- Pioneer of fruit growing in district Kullu was Capt. R.C.Lee of ‘Bundrole orchard’. He set up an apple orchard in the year 1870 and obtained plants from United Kingdom.
- Padha Bansi Lal was the first local farmer who planted apples trees in the District Kullu at Seobagh.
- Sheep breeding farm at Nagwain started in 1963 under Indo-German project.
- Bed Ram Thakur was the founder of Bhuti Weavers Co-operative society in 1944.
- In the past, Manali was known as ‘Dana Aghe’.
- The First Guest House in Manali was Sunshine Guest House managed by Banon family.